Water + Fire
Raid Composition – 3 Tanks / 5 Healers / 12 DPS
Addons – Raidcore
General Mechanic’s – DPS Swap / Tank Swap / Bombs / Ice Blocks / Threat Drops / Stack Management
Challenge – Heat Transfer
- Defeat Hydroflux and Pyrobane without anyone getting more than 13 stacks of Engulfed or Drenched.
- Drenched (debuff) – A stacking debuff that does damage while inside Waters circle, reduces damage done by Magma Vents, and increases damage done to Magma Vents.
- Raging Rapids – A spinning bar telegraph with safe gaps in it. Dodge roll through to reduce damage taken.
- Geyser – A circular telegraph, when dropped turns into several circles. Knocks up, and disarms players hit while doing moderate amounts of damage.
- Watery Grave – A small circular telegraph that deals a moderate amount of damage. This is a threat drop as well, Tanks avoid!
- Entombed In Ice – Ice tombs target the furthest players within its range. Learn to either stack, or bait these out to kill quickly!
- Ice Bomb – A debuff placed on several players that must be cleared by running into a player with a Fire Bomb. Instant death if not cleared in time.
- Engulfed (debuff) – A stacking debuff that does damage while inside Fires circle, and increases damage done to Ice Tombs while in Waters circle.
- Flame Wave – A small wave of fire that starts from Fire, and moves outwards towards a random player. Deals high damage. Avoid.
- Lava Mine – A small lava mine placed on the ground that deals moderate damage, and knocks players back.
- Funeral Pyre – A medium sized circular telegraph that deals a moderate amount of damage. This is a threat drop as well, Tanks avoid!
- Magma Vent – Fire places Magma Vents around the center of the room randomly. Kill if more than two are up, or in the way of rotation.
- Fire Bomb – A debuff placed on several players that must be cleared by running into a player with a Ice Bomb. Instant death if not cleared in time.
- Tanks – Avoid the threat drops! Typically the rotation starts when the first Fire/Ice bombs going out. The third tank will rotate in to grab Fire from the starting tank, the Fire tank will rotate to the Water tank, and the Water tank will rotate to the current fire tank. From here on, the rotation will keep going from Fire to Water, Water to Fire, and repeat itself until the fight ends. Bring as much self sustain as possible, sometimes Healers get Bombs, and you will need to survive until they return. Try to only enter into either Fire or Ices circle when Bombs or Tombs is NOT being cast, to avoid getting them.
- Healers – Stick with your groups! Tank Healers stay on your Tanks as much as possible. If you get one of the Bombs, be sure to call it so your Tank can use his cooldowns.
- DPS – Swap immediately when Bombs go out. Use movement skill to get back to the center of the room, and STOP! Do not run around trying to hit someone with your Bomb, stop in place if you are first to get there, and let someone collide with you.
- Medics – Mending Probes can be a life saver for multiple situations in this fight. If someone gets a Bomb, then Entombed In Ice, you will need to place Mending Probes on the odd man out who has nobody to collide with.
Fight Overview / Strat
This fight is all about coordination. The Tanks will rotate on their own, giving extra heals around the room as necessary. Healers need to stay with your assigned Tank or DPS group. If a Healer gets Bombs, they must call it out, so the Tanks can use survival cooldowns, or kite the bosses.
DPS rotation happens when Bombs are put on players, or just before. The timers in the fight are very funky, they start out misaligned, and line up perfectly later. It is recommended to get used to stacking for Ice Tombs, so the DPS can kill them immediately when they happen, and take care of Bombs right after. Tombs, and Bomb timers will line up almost perfectly towards the end of the kill. DPS with Bombs need to rotate to the assigned position, and WAIT! Do not try to chase around a player with the opposite Bomb element. Players rotating from Water to Fire need to kill Magma Vents while they run to Fire. If there are more than two on the field, or any in the way, take care of them immediately.
This can be a longer fight depending on your groups DPS, focus on mechanics above everything else!